POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : elliptical cone? : elliptical cone? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  elliptical cone?
From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 28 Jul 1999 13:40:02
Message: <379F3F96.48A201E8@isd.net>
I want to make a "cone" of sorts that smoothly connects two ellipses (on
parallel planes) which aren't similar. I tried using a macro that stacks
up thin cylindrical shapes, but that resulted in nasty moire that
nothing got rid of. (I'm thinking of something similar to POV-Ray's cone
object, but with elliptical ends instead of circular. Also a cone scaled
in one direction won't work because the ellipses aren't similar.) I'm
thinking a quadric will do the trick, but I need help making one.